Sunday, July 28, 2013

***Pre-Season Picks to Win Super Bowl in 2014

Below I have ranked the teams with their (clearly) pre-season odds of winning the Super Bowl.  I will start with my favorite to win and, then detail a little bit about why I think they (each team) has a serious shot at the SB. 

The Denver Broncos--- I believe that they have odds @ (3-1).  Peyton will have tons of fire power. The team is largely intact from last year.  They also acquired a couple great players on "d".  If they do not win it; it will be because Peyton throws an interception and, loses a playoff game.  In all of Peyton's greatness he still loses big games.  No, truly "GREAT" qb has been given so many opportunities and, come away with so little.  Yes, I understand he won a SB already.  But, often he finds a way to lose the big ones.

The San Francisco 49ers-----I believe that they have odds @ (5-1).  As long as Kaepernick(?) is healthy I think they can go a long way.  His mobility makes me nervous & excited to see how they do this year.  They have lost almost no players at all.  Strangely, enough for being as great as they appear to be; they may not win their division.

The New England Patriots------I believe that they have odds @ (6-1).  Tom Brady, Belichick, they always find a way to be in the hunt.  They just do.  Tom Brady always seems to "will" the game no matter what the circumstances are.  Downside on the Patriots is a  young and, inexperienced receiving corp that could drop balls in a playoff run.

The Seattle Seahawks-------I believe that they have odds @ (9-1).  They have beefed up some serious players that are young.  This team has only upside.  This team could easily be talked about for the next 4 years for SB contention.  I take them as the fourth best odds b/c their inexperience could be suspect come playoff time.   

It will be interesting to revisit this particular blog come January and, see how the season has panned out.  I will be shocked if these teams don't make the playoffs.  I think there is a really good shot that these could be the NFC and, AFC championship matchups. 

Paul E. Spors
7-28-2013 

No comments:

Post a Comment